The improvements in our recent update are:
Improved link prospect contact data
We ‘taught’ our crawler to utilize semantic contact data. So now we find social profiles such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+. We also look for more common contact data such as name, email, phone number etc. This only works for prospects that are recently added to the 'link prospect list'.
Tip: delete and re-add a linkprospect to your 'link prospect list' to force our crawler for a fresh updated crawl. Give it a try!
Keyword research improvements
We accumulated all feedback from the last six months and are working our way through all the algorithms of keyword research to improve data quality. So no big changes in functionality but nevertheless an improvement. More will be added in next releases. Give it a try!
This month’s link research strategy: local citations
We implemented a nice strategy to find link prospects that help you improve your local rankings.
You can find it in:
Link strategy >
New link research list >
basic mode >
Find local citations for local ranking.
To use it, do this:
- Find out in Google maps who, in your city or region, is on the top of the search results for your most important keyword(s)
- Copy and paste their phone number; use this phone number as keyword in the link research list. You should get a list of directories that have a citation to your competitors.
- Add promising ones to your ‘link prospect list’
- Repeat this for other competitors, also try a research on there address (street and number)
- Go to your ‘link prospect list’, see what contact details are crawled.
- Get your company in those local citation directories too.
- It is best to have your citations appear spread out in time. So don't do a whole bunch of those at once.
Tech Stuff: more power!
To finish with some tech wizardry: We added more server capacity to keep up with increased usage and growth of the number of customers. That results a distributed Mongo database and a special server to handle the rest. We hope that this will keep the performance up during peek usage and we wonder how long it will take before the next update is required. The sweet sorrows of success!