- Keyword traffic share
- Weight average traffic share
SEO KPI 1: Keyword Traffic Share.We zeroed in on developing a higher level SEO Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to give you an overview of your SEO performance in one glance. Therefore, we introduce the metric, Keyword Traffic Share.This metric solves a lot of SEO issues:
- This SEO KPI also looks further than the search engine ranking by looking at the searcher's behavior: a number one position in Google is worth nothing when it's a poorly written or reading listing that generates no clicks at all. Keyword Traffic Share compares the real traffic of your site against the maximum possible traffic.
- Additionally, Keyword Traffic Share eliminates all of the fuzzy "personal search" engine rankings that differ from the normal, regular search engine rankings. About 20% of Google searches where personal till December 4 2009. Google made all 100% of searches personal as they from that date in there post of last week "Personalized Search for everyone". In "personal searches," Google shuffles the rankings of a search result according to the searcher's previous queries.
How Keyword Traffic Share WorksThis SEO Key Performance Indicator represents the approximate percentage of visits to your website over the last month in comparison to the total maximum search volume a number one search engine listing can bring in for a particular keyword. This metric is targeted to your specified country as well as the language settings for all search engines in your country.Example"traffic share:"
- The exact keyword "car" generated 800 searches last month.
- SEO Effect calculates that a number one search engine listing for car gets 160 clicks.
- Your website received 80 visits last month on the word car from organic search.
- Your "traffic share" is 50% (80/160)
SEO KPI 2: Weighted Average Traffic ShareNext to traffic share down at the keyword level, SEO Effect also calculates the weighted average traffic share. This high level SEO KPI is a percentage from zero to 100%. When you have a weighted average traffic share of 100%, all of your optimized keywords have a number one position in all of the search engines in your country. More importantly, they push maximum traffic to your website. The term, "weighted average" means that keywords with a higher search volume have more weight in this KPI.Example "weighted average traffic share:"
- The exact keyword "car" has 800 searches last month.
- The exact keyword "boat" has 16,000 searches last month.
- SEO Effect calculates that a number one search engine listing gets 160 clicks for car and 3200 for boat.
- Your website received 80 visits last month on the word car from organic search and 80 from the keyword boat.
- Your search share is 50% for car and 2.5% for boat.
- Your weighted average traffic share is (80+80)/(160+3200)= 4%