Keyword research: step 1 in the SEO Effect workflow. Keyword research is the foundation of your SEO.
Why do you need to do keyword research?
The keyword tool helps you to do keyword research, that is the foundation for all other steps in a serious SEO campaign.
Important questions that need answering are:
- Which keywords do people use when the ar looking for my products or services?
- How often are those searches used?
- What keywords can be combined in a group or theme?
- How strong is the competition for that theme?
- Which words attract visitors, which attract buyers?
The pro’s would also want to know things like:
- If I already get traffic on a keyword, how much is there still to gain?
- What would the same amount of traffic cost if I obtained them via Adwords?
- Is there a proper SEO business case in it?
Take the keyword tool for a free test drive
Don’t believe us. Test the tools yourself! No credit card needed, no strings attached. Or read more about the benefits of our SEO keyword tool below.
Benefits of the SEO Effect keyword tool
- Several methods of keyword research, including your competitor’s site
- Includes a solution for the “not-provided” problem that robbed Analytics of your keyword data.
- Includes a solution for the AdWords search volume ‘Volume range’ that AdWords keyword tool robbed you from, so you get the same dat as high volume AdWords advertisers.
- Instantly switch between the expert view and the basic view. Easy when it has to be, with full information when you can handle it.
- Both keyword potential as the current yield are visible. This allows you to create a business case in minutes and helps you to make the best possible decisions.
Take the keyword tool for a free test drive
Don’t believe us. Test the tools yourself! No credit card needed, no strings attached.
How does the keyword research work under the hood?
The keyword research tool is organized in a couple of easy steps:
- You start a research list.
- You give us some example keywords or a URL to start with or choose seed keywords from Google analytics or Google search console.
- We come up with more results that might be interesting for you.
- You set the relevance of the suggested keywords for your business.
- We tell you what keywords are interesting for your site.
- You pick the words you want to work with and put them in your final list.
- This final keyword list is the one we use to monitor your SEO efforts and optimize in next steps.
You can repeat this process as much as you like and experiment with different groups of keywords and different goals. The keywords and keyphrases in your campaign keyword list are monitored in the weekly rank checker. And you can re-sue them in website page optimalisation and our link prospecting tool.
Our keyword research tool combines various sorts of data. Like ‘keyword search volume’ with traffic and conversion data from your own websites that we obtain via Google Analytics. Combining data lets SEO Effect predict the extra traffic, sales and or leads for a particular keyword . This helps you getting more visitors and the right type of visitors. We call that ‘quality traffic’.
Keyword research tool in depth
Basic and expert mode work with multiple keyword data sources. From this data we calculate what keywords could be of interest for you, depending the goal you chose. There are five different goals, so you can aim for more:
- Traffic to new keywords,
- traffic related to keywords you already get traffic from,
- page views, visitors converting to a goal (like: more leads),
- e-commerce sales. Keyword research tool: statistic data The SEO Effect keyword research tool gets data from:
- Google Adwords keyword research API:
- Keyword Synonyms, plurals, suggestions based on real user search data,
- Keyword metrics like search volume , Cost per Click (CPC) prices for your country and language,
- search engine market shares for your country,
- real organic search competition in your country and language,
- your website’s Google Analytics data down to the organic keyword level:
- goal conversion and e-commerce data,
- user interaction data.
All this data is processed in the SEO intelligence data calculations engine, our keyword research tool. From all data a lot of useful decision metrics is calculated. In expert mode, depending on the goal, we present a subset of these metrics to help you find the best possible keywords for your site.