The spring update of SEO Effect is live, and it is a big one that – by popular demand – includes:
- faster keyword research ; labels and favourites for keywords.
- introduction of a more accurate ‘12 month average traffic share’ KPI.
- monitoring of your link profile based on 2 linkdatabases
- link prospect research enriched with more link data and contact data
In a series of four posts, we’ll give you a more detailed update of each function. This is part 1: Keyword research improvements .
Part 1: Keyword research improvements
Faster keyword research: your research request is added to a queue so now you have an option: wait for the result or add another research job. You’ll get an e-mail if a job is done. You can put several research jobs in the queue and proceed with other tasks. Though usually, the first job is finished after you entered the third job to the queue.
Keyword labeling: group keywords into labels and mark your favorites.
- Assign labels to groups of keywords (up to 24 groups). You could use it for different topics or divide your list in good and not-so-good performing keywords. Or use labels to organise your workflow: words that need content optimization and keywords that should be used for linkbait. Whatever suits your needs.
- Use ‘Favorites’ to mark words that require attention or that are particularly promising.
More accurate metrics with 12 month average traffic share.
Due to the fact that Google is not always up to date with month by month data we build in a fall back mechanism. Next to the 1 month traffic share we also measure now the 12 month average traffic share. And as a bonus this seems to be more realistic KPI for small sites and seasonal keywords. More about this in our next post.